What causes data quality problems
Generally, as companies use their inventory and procurement systems to order products, they continue to add more parts and suppliers to it. Over time, the same part from a different supplier can easily get represented by another part number, leading to multiple occurrences of the same part under different codes.
For those enterprises that have grown through acquisition, newly integrated systems contain the same part under various codes. Since the part description and other attributes for these parts are either missing, incoherently abbreviated, or incomplete in the system, it is difficult to assess if the two part numbers with different codes are actually the same part, belong to the same family, or are entirely different parts.
Menigma Infosystem has deep expertise in normalization, classification and enrichment of inventory data to cleasnse inventory data quickly and cost-effectively.
Benifits of Inventory Cleansing Solution
- Reduced costs from duplicate and obsolete inventory
- Elimination of lost revenue due to false stock-outs
- Increased ordering efficiency as a result of leveraging industry classification data and attributes for same/similar item identification
- Reduced errors in buying and using replacement parts
- Quick time to value from rapid implementation
(typically within 3 to 5 months)
- Achieve as much as 300% ROI in the first year
Eliminate abbreviations and employ standard spelling and syntax in item descriptions; assign a noun (product category) and noun modifier (a product within a category); eliminate duplicate records.
Populate additional category-specific attributes based on information from item descriptions and/or externally sourced data from the Internet or direct relationship with Manufacturer and Supplier.
What we do
- Remove duplicate or obsolete Item Masters and/or Suppliers in the Data Warehouses.
- Provide commodity classifications.
- Enrich data with detailed, standardized inventory descriptions and parametric attributes.
- Develop a scalable and repeatable process for customers.
- Create and/or map data behind a common taxonomy
Project manage the workflow and process of cleansing, updating and approving cleansed data
|Description||Ball Bearing||Radial Ball Bearing, 110mm ore Diameter, 240 mm Outside Diameter, Maximum RPM 3600||Normalization|
|Model||1322 KM/C3||Parameterization Manufacturer|
|Bore Diameter||110mm||Parameterization Item Description|
|Maximum RPM||3600||Parameterization Item Description|
|Non Engish Description||Material de la jaula Machined Brass||Cage Material Machined Brass||Translation|